Adding _NOPROCESS_ to svg's no longer works (can't upload)

May 04, 2023

I have a svg file I want to upload to Rise. In the past I've had to add _NOPROCESS_ to the filename (e.g. model_NOPROCESS_.svg) in order to make the upload work.

Now the uploads are appearing to fail and sit at the 'Uploading image' screen forever.

I did this with the browser developer console open and it is continuously failing at the CRUSH_IMAGE step which I thought should be skipped if using _NOPROCESS_. The '500' errors are returned indicating the server process failed.

Even if you can't fix the problem with your janky compressor, can you at least say "An error occurred uploading this file", rather than leaving us wondering if the upload is working or not?

3 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Tim! Thanks for reaching out and sharing these screenshots.

I would like to confirm that you are only encountering this issue with SVG files that include "_NOPROCESS_" on their filename, is that correct? Does this happen for any SVG file you add "_NOPROCESS_" to? Would you be able to share one of the SVG files you are using so that we can run some tests from our end?

I will look forward to hearing from you!

Tim St. Clair

The process breaks in some cases when there are transforms and/or animations within the svg. Adding _NOPROCESS_ should skip the crunch process but it seems to send the file to the crunch process either way, and in some cases it crashes it (500 error) and other cases works.

'neighbours model - static' - Works both with or without _NOPROCESS_

'neighbours - Model - animated' - does not upload (validiated svg, works in browsers, opens in quicklook etc)

'neighbours - Model - animated_NOPROCESS_'  does not upload

'indigenous circular graph' works with or without _NOPROCESS_

'calgary' works with or without _NOPROCESS_