Adding multiple response questions to the question bank clears the answers and drawn questions are graded incorrectly

Jul 15, 2022

I'm having 2 problems with the Rise Question Banks.

1. When I use the add to question bank feature, answers to multiple response questions are cleared.
  2. When I re-select the correct answers in the question bank, refresh the page, and preview the question bank-generated quiz, it will still be graded "incorrect" though all of the answers show a checkmark.

To avoid these 2 glitches, I've been copying and pasting the questions and answers through WordPad to make a new question in the bank. I'd appreciate suggestions!

2 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Chris!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue when working with Question Banks in Rise.

We are currently investigating these issues with using the Add to question bank feature when creating Multiple Response questions. We'll keep you posted on any updates that can help!

In the meantime, you may continue creating new questions in the bank instead, and copying and pasting text from your old questions.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, Chris! We just fixed the issue where correct responses weren’t retained when adding a multiple response question to a question bank from a quiz. 

To take advantage of this fix, any affected questions will need to be re-added to their question banks.

Please let us know if you run into any further trouble!