Amazon AWS Video

May 18, 2018

We store our videos in Amazon AWS. When I capture the link in a Media Block in rise it creates a link to the file instead of displaying it in the display window (which it does for the sample Vimeo file). How do I get it to display the video in the lesson window?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jill!

It sounds like you're using the Multimedia Embed block type, is that correct? You might have more success embedding your video using an iFrame code in that block. 

Copy the iFrame code below, and replace the bolded text with the video URL. Let me know if you'd like some help with that!

<iframe src="Insert Your URL to the Video Here"></iframe>

Daniel Amos

I ran into the same issue. By default, any video file on the S3 is set to download when accessed instead of stream. To allow for streaming (and embedding) update the bucket and file properties as outlined here:

https://docs.growlearnteach.com/knowledgebase/how-to-configure-amazon-s3-to-stream-your-videos/

The steps above allowed me to get the video to embed using an iframe in Rise, but I have not been able to prevent it from autoplaying when the page loads.

Hope this helps,

Dan

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.