Articulate - Rise: Resume function in the IE11 is not working

Nov 22, 2018

Hello all,

I hope to find a bit more light in the darkness here in the forum. We are using at our talentlms platform courses based on Articulate - Rise.

What is the problem:

With the IE11, users can open the course at [companyname].talentlms.com . They can navigate through it and can click on the "completed" button. But when a user decide to left the course at any state (xx% progress) and they resume the course later on they have to start from the beginning. This occurs every time. To tell the whole story, this is happening not for every user. As a side node, in Chrome it works for all fine.

What we tested so far:

We uploaded the Articulate - Rise course to cloud.scorm.com.. Opened it with the IE11 and tested it in the scorm cloud and the resume function worked fine. Immediately afterwards, at the same PC with the same IE11, without going through the cloud.scorm.cloud, we tested it again through our [companyname].talentlms.com and as we already know it did not worked.

Conclusion: In the cloud.scorm.com (sandbox) the course is fine. Am I correct to say; either at  [companyname].talentlms.com is something wrong or in our environment with the IE11 (as not every user has the problem with IE11).

We compared with the a PC with IE11 which is working and a PC with IE11 which is not working:

IE11 Compatibility Mode, Use Microsoft compatibility View is marked.

IE11 Internetoptions: Tab Security - All Zones

IE11 Internetoptions: Tab Advanced - Clicked the Button Reset advance settings

IE11, F12 (Debugging Tool): Tab Emulation, tried all modes from IE5,7,8,9,10

Java versions, Java 8 Update 192 (8.0.1920.12)

Silverlight version 5.1.50907.0 

Shockwave Flash Object is Active

I debugged with the IE11 (F12) and we got the following errors:

1. Unable to get property "frameBorder" of undefined or null reference, scormloader.htm (39,5)

I opened the scormloader.htm and the location of (39,5) is the following one:

39 scormContentFrame =

40 '<iframe id="sc_content"' +

41 ' frameborder="' + (scorm_data.frameBorder ? 1 : 0) + '"' +

42 ' height="' + 620 + '"' +

43 ' src="' + scorm_data.src + '"' +

44 ' width="' + scorm_data.width + '"' +

45 '></iframe>';

2. Script5: Access denied

eval code (different values) (different values)

Does anybody have an idea what to do next? Or which settings in the IE11's, which are not working, needs to be configured?

If you need more information, just let me know.

Have a good day,

IT guy 

3 Replies

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.