6 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Jonathan!

Are you deleting an entire word in Rise using CTRL+Backspace (Windows) or OPTION+Delete (Mac)? I tried this on both Windows and Mac, and both deleted the word itself but didn't delete the space before it.

Here's a quick animation showing how the words in Rise 360 are deleted (using Google Chrome on Mac) using Option+Delete keys:

Option Delete

To investigate further, can you let me know what web browser you are using and its exact version? Does the same behavior occur when using a different web browser? Also, what is your operating system and its exact version?

Can you also share a quick animation or video showing how this behaves on your end?

Looking forward to your response!

Gren Foronda

Thanks for your sharing this video screencast, Jonathan.

I understand this happens when editing your Rise course in Google Chrome only. I tested the backspace key in Google Chrome (updated to the latest version) but couldn't replicate your reported behavior. Here's a quick animation:

Backspace in Chrome

To troubleshoot further, can you try clearing Google Chrome's cache, then try again?

Does the same issue occur when editing your Rise course in Incognito Mode in Google Chrome?

Let me know how it goes.

Jonathan Wilson

Hi Gren,

Have tried using Edge and getting the same issue. It doesn't matter if normal or incognito mode.

Clearing cache resolves it for a short period of time (less than 10 minutes) and then it goes back to the same behaviour.

Thanks
Jonathan

Statement of confidentiality: This e-mail message and any accompanying
attachments may contain information that is IN-CONFIDENCE and subject to
legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or attachments.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender
immediately and delete this message.

Gren Foronda

Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for the update, and sorry to hear the issue persists despite using Incognito mode and clearing the cache. 

We'll need to investigate this issue closely, so I've opened a support case on your behalf and shared these details. Our support team will reach out shortly to troubleshoot this issue with you.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.