Can I add an image or color to the top of the page in Rise?

Sep 27, 2018

Does anyone know if it is possible to add an image or change the color of the top section of Rise where it shows the section title?

19 Replies
Alicia Myles

Thanks Emily!  I was hoping to find a way to add images to the top of each section throughout my presentation.  Right now, it's just the title with a white background.  I would like to add color or an image to the top of each of the sections,

It seems like others have done it, but I can't figure out how.   Anybody have any recommendations??

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Alicia and Tonya,

I tracked down this user example and here's what Sarah had to share about it:

I found this video on YouTube showing how to remove the lesson headers. I used a different text editor tool, but the process is the same. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFRc7q7_Dxc

Here is the example and the conversation.

Hope that helps :)

SibaPrasad Padhi

This is only applied to course heading page not the lesson page.

Can this be updated soon.

Best regards,
Siba

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have
received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited.
Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mala Srinivasan

Hi all,

Thanks for the great leads on the lesson header. I would like to add that  this is an issue that is not just plaguing developers, but  the learner experience. 

Some of the big bugbears for learners about Rise based courses:

- Why am I scrolling through half a web page that is just the lesson title? 

- Why does one Rise course look exactly like the other? Did I just complete Compliance 1 or Compliance 2? 

I have heard this feedback so often when I put out Rise based courses. 

Better customisation and developer control for lesson headers should really be  the Articulate development team's top agenda item. 

Regards

Mala 

Becky Richards

Not sure if anyone is still after the fix?

I was able to accomplish this by adding to my main CSS file to the .page_header element

note: the name of my image is called BannerEDfaded

pop the image in the same folder as the css file. 

.page__header{ background:url('BannerEDfaded.png');

zip it back up and you're ready to go! :)