Can the elements be changed so it's easier to build quickly with less clicking and deleting?

Oct 03, 2023

Building courses in rise I find myself frustrated about the existing content in the elements that takes a lot of extra clicking to change. For example, in the accordion I have to delete extra sections, remove the image of the mountain, and the text that's pre-filled is in two paragraphs so you can't just triple click to select all before deleting it. 

The same goes for lists -- having to delete the content in lists before adding my own. Why can't it show up blank?

Or when I place an image, obviously I'm never going to keep the stock bicycle that shows up -- why can't the interface prompt me to add or upload right after I place that block?

The way the background colour picker now shows up also takes extra clicks to change and doesn't always type in the hex code section on the first try. 

Is there a faster way to do this that I'm missing?

1 Reply
Karl Muller

Hi,

We had exactly the same requirement. Here is what we did:

Created a Lesson and added all the block types we use on a regular basis to the Lesson.

Then we modified the default way every new block is added to Rise by changing the font size, selecting font colors, backgrounds, deleting unwanted elements, etc. Then we saved each customized block as a new Block Template.

When we now  build our courses, we only use our custom blocks from the Block Template Library.  It not only saves a great deal of time, it also ensures consistency between team members.

https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Creating-Sharing-and-Reusing-Block-Templates