Choose different blocks for mobile and Desktop

Feb 20, 2020

Hey guys! Lately I have been struggling to change my clients point of view regarding responsive content. They were raised in a flash environment... hahahahahaha

What I need to do is to be able to choose one block for desktop and another for mobile. That would immensely enrich my users' experience.

Is that possible now? Is that in the development roadmap?

Thanks!

5 Replies
Rodrigo Sugahara

Hello, Crystal! 

Just a quick example: I used the block "Text on Image". Here's what it looks like on desktop (Screenshot1) and how it looks on mobile (Screenshot2)... The character goes off screen. 

I understand that this is not the normal use for which this block was created. My idea was to use something like Screenshot1 to desktop and Screenshot3 to mobile...

I guess that the best solution would be the option to toggle visibility when in mobile or desktop. I understand that we could just use the same media query as the one that's already in use. 

I don't know if I'm being clear enough, so I came up with Screenshot4. 

Thanks for the attention!

Crystal Horn

Ah, great example, Rodrigo. You're right that full-width images (e.g. cover photos, full-width blocks, text on image) will crop according to the device size and orientation.

As an alternative, can you edit the image file to include the text, and add the edited file as a centered image block? Then you'll be sure not to lose any of the image details since that block will get resized but not cropped.

I'll let you know if we make any changes that will help!

Rodrigo Sugahara

Thanks for the reply.

I can change the character position on my composition. Unfortunately, I can't allow the character to be positioned behind the text and if I put the text above the character, either the image will be vertically cropped or it will look strange in the Desktop.

Another solution would be the option to choose one image for desktop and another for mobile... 

Thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.