Color of Marker Style

Dec 27, 2018

Anyone know how I can change the color of the marker style I'm using in my labeled graphic?  I need it to pop more so the learner doesn't miss it.

Pinned Reply
27 Replies
Nicole Legault

Hi Brandy!

Welcome and thanks for posting your first question here in the E-Learning Heroes community.

The color of markers in the Labeled Graphic block is controlled by the course accent color. To change the accent color, pop into your settings (in the top right corner of your course), click the Customize Theme button, then select the accent color you want.

Here’s a tutorial to help you out: Customize the Theme Colors in Rise

If you’d like to see an ability to make the labeled graphic markers a unique color that’s different from the accent color, please do submit a feature request here. We love to hear feedback from our customers!

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Brian Waters

I wish to second this request for a way to change the marker colours at will. If you have a basically white background and add markers, the default position is white circle. when clicked on the marker changes to the accent colour, but that doesn't help the eye to see them in the first place.  The other issue I have is that if you change the accent colour you change the accent colour for EVERYTHING throughout the whole course, such as the initial line divider, and any other accents in the course. I just want to be able to change the colour of markers in hotspot images.

Anthony Goss

This is good to hear!  Now if we could just get a custom option for markers, or even the ability to do custom numbers and letters for markers, this would extend the functionality even further.  For example, it would be nice to be able to input our own numbers instead of being limited to 10.  Letters would be helpful as well.  And a custom icon would help, even if there were guidelines about its format (SVG) and size.

Rosemary Raiche

So... I know we can now use custom colors for markers. But that still doesn't seem to help in terms of the pulsating "white" shadow over a white background. Still makes it difficult for users to see what they have "clicked" and what they haven't "clicked." Is there any way to have the markers themselves change colors once "clicked"? 

Lucy Batt

I'd like to echo the calls for the ability to customise individual markers on a single Labelled Graphic. eg...I'd like to have a '1' with some associated 'i' markers followed by a '2' with some associated 'i' markers- the ability to make the numerals a different colour to the 'i's would help the learner see the difference between the instruction and the supplementary content, or to group different types of instruction and content together.

Also, is there an ability to have multiple markers animate in concurrently rather than it always needing to be every marker consecutively?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.