Convert a Rise course into a course template

Mar 21, 2023

Hi, I see that we can save Blocks for a reuse in other courses. What about reusing the course itself as a template?

For example, the admin can create a course template from existing courses so all organization members can use it as a course template. This ensures all the members follow the org guidelines.  I am not talking about using one of the pre-filled templates, but being able to create custom templates that all the members can use in an organization. Is there a way? Please suggest.

Thanks!

2 Replies
John Morgan

Hi Videhi,

Great question! I understand that you would like to convert a Rise course into a course template. Currently, you’ll want to share block templates with your team to best mimic that action. We do have this logged as a feature request, so I’ll go ahead and include your voice. We’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap.

Thanks for reaching out!

Robin Boulter

We currently have seven Rise courses that we use as templates. Many of them are similar with slight changes for different audiences. It would be way too confusing for people to find individual blocks and compile the right ones to make a course.

We also have an issue with people forgetting to make a copy of the template and they end up modifying the template. So it would be very helpful to have a course template that is only editable by admins.

Another issue that we have is that we need an easy way to share those seven Rise courses with 30+ designers. It's frustrating have to manually go into each course and add each person individually. We also don't want to share it with all users in the account because other departments in the company use in the same account.