Course Evaluation in Rise

Sep 04, 2018

Hi, 

Is there anyway to create a quick course evaluation metric at the end of a course? I've tried adding a quiz to ask "How would you rate this course?" but Rise quizzes seem to require a correct answer. As much as I'd like to say that any other rating apart from "Excellent" is incorrect, I don't think the learners would appreciate it :)

22 Replies
Mark Dolphin

HI, 

I've built my course in Rise which contains a standard quiz at the end, and then a storyline survey module to capture the course evaluation. When I export the module the tracking option lets me choose to track the progress from the quiz or the storyline module but not both. Is there a way around this? Otherwise I won't be able to use the evaluation module as I also need the quiz results. 

Thanks, 

Mark

Karl Muller

Your typical LMS would not be able to save or collate course evaluation surveys as this data type is not part of the SCORM standard.

We use an external survey tool and we embed our course evaluation surveys using an iframe.

External survey apps give you many response types such as Likert scale, etc, and have great collation and reporting capabilities.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Robert! If you design a survey in Storyline 360 and add it to Rise as a Storyline block, survey responses would not be sent to your LMS. 

You may want to consider using another type of survey tool, like Typeform or Survey Monkey. You can embed the survey using a multimedia embed block. Just keep in mind that you'll capture survey responses within the survey tool itself, not in your LMS.