Create a block after a section

May 16, 2019

I've created some blocks in Rise but then I have created a section after them. Once the content for the section is done,  I want to get out of the section and go back to blocks, but I can only add to the current section or create a new section.

Basically I want blocks -  section - blocks...

Is this possible?

13 Replies
Gerry Mayer

replace the word block with lesson. 

So i've added lessons to my homepage but now i have a topic with multiple related lessons so instead of a lesson i create a section and then the lessons show up under that section and in the menu at the right there is a toggle triangle that allows you to show and hide the lessons under that section. So now i have finished the section and I want to create the next lesson outside of th previous section but this is apparently not possible. once i create a section all content thereafter is part of that section. I hope this helps...

apparently the only way to end a section is to add a new section. what if i dont want a new section but just another lesson...

Allison LaMotte

Hi Gerry,

Ok I think I'm understanding what you mean now, thanks. Karl is right, there's no way to make a lesson visually look like a section, and if you keep adding lessons underneath a section, they will automatically be a part of that section. Karl's suggestion is what I would recommend. 

If that doesn't work for you, would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Gerry Mayer

Thanks Allison, I put in a feature request. The only work around right now is to put everything into sections. It's silly and poor usability to put one item into a section though. Other than that I find Rise awesome. Sure there are some design and layout limitations but that just makes my job easier... The response delivery is amazing! Honestly, I was never a fan of Storyline  but now that you can drop Storyboard blocks inline I am a believer.  Previously I uses H5P and moodle but my new employer uses a different lms so I need to find an alternative solution. Have you considered offering lms hosting? You could build a custom moodle out of the box solution with Rise integration. All you need is to add users and a gradebook to Rise ;)  Let me know if you do and I'll buy some stocks ;)

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Gerry! You mentioned you were interested in hosting solutions for your Rise content. We are excited to tell you about Rise.com, the new enterprise-class online training system that employees love.

Rise makes training easy to create, enjoyable to take, and simple to manage. You can create courses, enroll learners, and distribute, track, and analyze your training all in one system. To learn more about Rise, please visit rise.com.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.