Cumulative scoring in a Rise branching course

Aug 08, 2018

I love the new capability to do branching in rise.  But is there a way to do cumulative scoring?  We have developed several branching courses, and want to do two things:

1) give the learner a score based on if the selected the best, middle, or worst choice (e.g. 2 points, 1 point, or 0 points).  

2) Add all of those points together, show the learner their score, and report that to an LMS.

While I know there is no out-of-the-box solution  as of now, and that I could recreate what we did from scratch in SL 360, is there a "hack" approach that might work?

Thanks. 

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Gordon,

That's an interesting concept! I've seen courses like this developed in Storyline 360, but not yet in Rise. Since Rise reports one quiz score to the LMS, and all answer choices are weighted equally, you'd have to get creative with your set-up. I'm looking forward to seeing what ideas the community will share with you!

Gordon UBS Lam

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for your reply. I am also eagerly awaiting someone who may have bent the code to accommodate this kind of scoring. 

I assume by your answer that you are unaware of how this might be done.  I know you can import SL interactions into Rise but I believe its not possible the other way around, and as you might imagine the last thing I want to have to do is re-create this in SL 360.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.