Disabling zoom on image click in Timeline: Rise 360

May 04, 2022

Can we disable zoom-on-image in the Timeline block yet in Rise? The answers I see are from several years ago, and seems very strange that this feature cannot be turned off now.

Thanks!

49 Replies
Ainsley  McKenzie

Hi Jose, thank you very much for your reply! 

'Working on the feature request' is a step forward from my last check in, where other features were being prioritised at the time, plus I hopefully note the change of language from the response Steven Benassi shared two months ago.  I noted instead of 'if' it makes it to the product roadmap' as opposed to your use of 'when' it makes it to the product roadmap', implies progression, which is also encouraging. 

Thanks again and I am sure everyone on this thread looks forward to this feature being available sooner rather than later. 

David McEachan
Christopher Santos

Thanks for reaching out, Darla.  We'll add you to the list we are tracking for this feature of disabling zoom in the Timeline block.  We don't have an ETA yet on, but I will make sure to update this discussion if we make any changes that will help.

This thread continues to attract comments almost two years on. Is there another way to highlight simple changes like this and get them into testing and production?

Steven Benassi

Hi David!

Thanks for checking in on this!

Not to worry! You're in the best place for updates, by subscribing to this discussion. I've included your voice in the feature report and will share the news here if it makes it onto our Feature Roadmap.

In the meantime, for your reference, here's a deeper look at how we manage feature requests.

Ainsley  McKenzie

Hi Steve, (and team) 

While it's kind of you to confirm we are all on the correct discussion thread, we still haven't really received any information from the staff advising of an ETA (even an approx. one) on this feature development.  David has a very good point; this feature has been getting asked for for nearly two years and we have yet to see any actual progress updates. 

A clear update of if it's under development and, if it is, when we might expect it to be released, would be very much appreciated. 

The Articulate team state that they want users to take the time to provide feedback and suggestions, but if nothing is done about said feedback and suggestions, it does send a very discouraging message.