Duplicated Questions from Question Banks in Rise

Jun 16, 2022

In rise, I have 10 question banks, each with 10-15 questions. I want to randomly draw 5 questions from each bank into one- 50 question assessment I'm building, however it is pulling in the same questions over and over again. 

Is there a fix or work-around for this? It seems like it would be able to recognize a question having already been pulled and exclude it from the remaining bank.

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Charlie! Are you doing a total of 10 draws or 50 draws? You'll want to go with 10 draws. You can choose to select 5 random questions for each draw from the respective bank. That way, Rise won't present the same question from a question bank. 

In this example screenshot, I'm pulling 3 questions out of my 5 question bank. That will show as one draw for you, but 3 questions for the learners.

If you do 5 separate draws for each bank, you'll run the risk of repeat questions. If that's not what's happening, we'd love to have a closer look. You can click here to start a case and share your content with us!