Embed Website in 360

Jun 15, 2023

I would like to embed  a custom Google map into a Rise 360 course and prevent users from accessing the map in a browser tab and being able to copy and paste the link to the map into another program. When I embed the map the URL doesn't show until I click to "view larger map." Then a new browser window opens displaying the URL to access the map.

3 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Rachel, 

You can try using the embed code from Google maps.  Here's how you can do this:

• In Google maps, find the pin or location, and follow these steps:
    1. Click Share
    2. On the pop-up window, select Embed a map
    3. Click on Copy HTML to copy the iframe code.

• In Rise, insert a multimedia > embed block. 
  • Click edit > change, then paste your copied iframe code.

Let me know if this works for you or if you have other questions!

Rachel MacKenzie

Hi, I had tried that before and it does embed the map beautifully. The issue is that I want to restrict users from expanding the map and navigating to the map hosted online. I am trying to create a resource that displays pins for our employees who have opted in to share that information, and I want to make sure people can't locate the map online and share the web address. I want the only place to access the map to be on our VPN. I can export it to a SCORM and lock it down in the LMS but it would be cumbersome to access.  I could use a hotspot interactive on an image of the US but it's definitely not as cool  : )

Lea Agato

Hi, Rachel! There isn't a way for Rise to control the embedded content you add to your course. If you're using Google Maps, you can try checking out their Maps Embed API documentation here to see if Google Maps support the feature that you're looking for. Hopefully, other users from the community can also chime in with their suggestions.