Embedded video in multiple choice question displaying video filename.

Mar 12, 2020

Greetings. I think I have found a minor display bug. When I embed a video from Vimeo within a multiple choice question, Rise is displaying the filename of the video above the actual video. I have deleted and inserted multiple times and replicated the problem. See attached screen shots. Filename also appears in preview mode. 

2 Replies
Latoria Jackson

Hi Brian,

Thank you for sharing the screen shots, I can see what you're describing. Something to try that may help you to get around this issue is removing the metadata (i.e. title, etc.) from the video file before embedding. I'm not certain how to navigate you to this via Vimeo but generally it's in the properties of the video file that you can remove the metadata. 

Hopefully this does the trick for you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Brian!

The Vimeo embed code has options to allow you to remove the video title, portrait, and byline. 

Below the video in Vimeo, click the Share button. In the pop-up window that appears, click More Options. 

At the bottom, deselect the title, portrait, and byline options. Then copy the embed code, and paste it into the Rise 360 multiple choice question.

Preview the quiz, and verify that the video is displaying correctly. Let me know if that works!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.