Enhancement Ideas

Jun 23, 2020

Greetings! I've been using Rise for the past 3 years and have several ideas I'd like to submit for enhancement requests. Is there a specific way I should go about submitting those? Or do I simply create a new discussion and describe what would be helpful? thanks in advance! Jennifer

11 Replies
Jennifer Sweeney

1.     Implement basic auto correct (teh changes to the, cant changes to can't, etc), the  automatic capitalization of the first word of a sentence, auto caps to change i to I when used as its own word.

2.     Create a way to allow me to copy an interactive or image from inside of one block, to another block in that same course. I repeatedly find that I've created an accordion or tabs or process that I'd like to copy over into another existing block within the course and there's no way to do that other than build it again from scratch. Ideally this would function similar to 'copy to another course', but would allow me to select any piece within a block and 'copy to another block within that same course'.

3.     Using the 'Process' option as my ideal example, if I have 10 steps in the Process, and need to add a new step after Step 3, I can click step 3, click add step, and it inserts it directly under step 3. I'd like to suggest this functionality be added to Accordion and Flip Cards and Tabs and Button Stacks. For whatever reason, you can only add a step at the bottom of those and then you have to drag it up and the drag process is slow and not always accurate.

4.     Within a block, if I have a lot of individual components and find that i want to move the component at the top to the very bottom, it's cumbersome to have to click the down arrow to get it all the way to the bottom of the page. I would suggest having a more user friendly way of moving something to the top or bottom, or drag and drop to get it moved.

5.     Can you implement something similar to the concept of 'format painter' in MS Office? If I have specific font/color/size options in one section, it would be helpful to have a way to copy that formatting and apply it to other sections of the block.

6.     Increased user friendliness for the List features (bullets). When you insert a new list, you have to individually delete out the text in each bullet, you can’t drag up through all 3 default bullets and highlight the text to delete it. Same thing goes with trying to format the bullets in the 'list', you cant format all of them as one move, you have to highlight into each one and apply the format individually. This is cumbersome if you have a long list of bullets.

7.     When using the 'quote on image' feature, I constantly get feedback from our editors that I need to include the end quote symbol. Could it be an option to select/unselect the ability to include an end quote mark?

8.     With the images in the content library, it would be helpful at times to be able to sort by landscape vs portrait images.

9.     Suggestion - give the option to apply a font size, or font color, or page alignment to the entire block, or course. Example, I prefer all of my text be 'justified' instead of left aligned. In order to do that, i would have to click into every single section of every single block and apply that alignment.

10.  Could it be possible to link to a block in a separate course using something like a button stack?

11.  Addition of the ability to change the spacing within text

Thanks for the consideration, hopeful these are things others would find useful as well!

Crystal Horn

Hi, Jennifer! Thanks for using Rise 360 over the last 3 years and for letting your experience guide these suggestions.

We have many of these ideas documented as feature requests, so I'll tag this discussion to be updated on each one. Then, we'll let you know here what changes we make that solve for each of these requests.

Gerald Crumbley

Please allow settings changes to be made to ALL slides at one time in Question Bank > Question Tools tab > Design. We should be able to "select all" slides and set the feedback to them all at one time, instead of having to do it slide by slide.

We can “apply template” to all at once, but not change the feedback settings. It may be helpful to set a option upon importing questions to set the feedback as we import.

Gerald Crumbley

I've sent this to Support:

Thanks for sharing your findings, Gerry; good job! Allow me to conduct more tests to see if this is a bug in the product or something we can ask the developers to add in future releases. I've taken note of your requests, and we'll certainly look at it. I'll update you on my findings.

Best regards,

Eric Santos

Customer Support Engineer

--------------- Original Message ---------------

Sent: 7/27/2021

To: Articulate Support [support@articulate.com]

REQUEST:

Please allow settings changes to be made to ALL slides at one time in Question Bank > Question Tools tab > Design. We should be able to "select all" slides and set the feedback to them all at one time, instead of having to do it slide by slide.

We can "apply template" to all at once, but not change the feedback settings. It may be helpful to set a option upon importing questions to set the feedback as we import.

Gerry Crumbley, PMP

Webmaster, E-Learning