Error message / warning when embedding a site via iframe

Jun 28, 2022

I'm trying to embed a scenario that I created in BranchTrack into Rise. This worked beautifully earlier this year. Now I get the rather ugly message "Your browser is really old, so this site may not display or work correctly. Upgrade your browser to see BranchTrack at its full potential. Please wait while we are loading your simulation Please upgrade your browser to access this content". Is it possible that somehow Rise is using IE in the background, and because that's deprecated, I get this message? I'm not sure how to solve, as I can't influence what's happening in the iframe. 

I am able to click on the scenario and play it, but the message is confusing and distracting for learners. 

I will contact BranchTrack to see if they can add any insights on the message, but I think that the solution needs to come from Rise. 

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Susanne,

Rise will only launch within the browser that you selected.  Rise does not use IE in the background.

Rise works best with Chrome and Edge, and it's always a good idea to ensure that your browser is up to date.

I would recommend using a Multimedia / Embed block to insert your BranchTrack scenario into Rise.

When you choose to Edit the Embed Block, choose Settings and uncheck Show metadata.

This will hide the message that you are seeing that is being by BranchTrack to Rise.