FedRAMP approval for Articulate 360

Aug 18, 2020

I work for the government and am not allowed to use the cloud based functionality of Articulate 360 without FedRAMP approval.  This severly limits my abilities to work with my colleagues and clients.  When is Articulate going to become FedRAMP approved?

16 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi Kaye!

Is Articulate 360 FedRamp approved?

Great question. Articulate 360 is hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS uses FedRAMP compliant systems which:

• Have been granted authorizations.
  • Address the FedAMP security controls based on NIST SP 800 -53.
  • Use the required FedRAMP templates for security packages posted in the secure FedRAMP repository that has been assessed by an accredited independent third party assessor (3PAO).
  • Maintain continuous monitoring requirements of FedRAMP.

Also, our hosting data center location has a Joining Authorization Board Provisional Authority to Operate (JAB P-ATO) and multiple Agency Authorization (A-ATO) for a 'moderate' impact level. The numerous AWS services, to which Articulate subscribes, are also in the scope of the JAB P-ATO boundary of 'moderate' baseline security categorization.

Articulate 360 was granted a three-year Authorization to Operate (ATO) through the General Services Administration, which is valid until July 19, 2023. Articulate is planning to begin the FedRAMP process in Q1 2021, it would typically last for 6 months before acquiring the certification.

If you have any questions, our sales team is happy to discuss further. You can reach out to them at sales@articulate.com.

UPDATE (11/13/2020): Edited to highlight our revised FedRamp timeline in bold.