Full Screen Mode Does Not Work in a Storyline Block in Rise 360

Dec 01, 2022

I've imported a Storyline Block into Rise 360. Before importing I selected Full Screen in the Player Controls. I then exported the course to Rise and Full Screen mode does not work. It also doesn't work in Rise 360 or Review 360. Am I missing a step or is this a bug?

9 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Leigh Ann

Thanks for reaching out! Full-screen mode for your embedded Storyline project in Rise 360 is not allowed due to an HTML restriction/limitation. I can add you to the feature request that we are tracking so that we can notify you if we receive any updates about it.

In the meantime, you can check out and try this workaround shared by Albert from this forum post to see if it will work for you.

Mallory Frazier

I agree, this is a major need. We have found that in our LMS (Docebo), the storyline block full screen works if we change the SCORM file desktop view mode to "Stand-Alone." The description of this mode is "Suggested to play only the training material in the course page, limiting distractions and allowing learners to switch to other pieces of content quickly. Recommended for old Flash packages."

Cas Rios

@eric, you said the "full screen option" is now available. Does that mean it's indeed an option to turn on or off? I am testing a SL block that has a vertical video in it (it was the only way I could find to prevent a screenrecording of a phone to keep its dimensions) and we don't want our users to have to X out of the full screen view of the SL block on their phones to continue to the rest of the course. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Cas,

Happy to help!

If you're referring to the behavior where embedded Storyline 360 blocks in a Rise 360 course open in full screen when viewed on a mobile device, this is currently the expected behavior. Embedded blocks will open in full screen when interacted with, and you'll need to tap on the 'X' icon in the upper right-hand corner to return to the Rise 360 course.