Half of my learners are being asked for a username/password

Feb 03, 2020

Half of my learners are being asked for a password when they click a public link to a course on the Rise server. The others are able to view the content immediately. The link is pasted into a OneNote Classroom page. It works for me just fine. It works in both Google Chrome and IE for half the students. What's up with that?

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Daniel! Is it possible that this Rise course is published to Review 360, and you're sending the Review link out?

If so, folks might see a Sign In button at the top of the page. They can launch the content without signing in. If they have an active Articulate 360 trial or subscription, signing in will give them access to the rest of the web-based Articulate 360 apps.

Send me a screenshot if those folks are seeing something different, however! You can attach it here in your reply.

Daniel Grabow

It is on the Rise server. We got it working somehow by doing some updates. Makes no sense. I'll post again if it's a recurring issue. We did have a system disturbance which caused us to lose power. All wired and wireless connections were down for awhile, so maybe that had something to do with it. We tested this a month ago with no issues. Thanks.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.