Help with any information related to taking a course and turning it into a publication?

Apr 02, 2024

Hello. I recently created an online T&D Catalog for a client, with Rise, which took me lots of time. Now this client has decided that they are not tech savvy and they only want a paper (book version). I tried to simply publish it into a PDF, but all of the margins are off and it looks terrible. I wanted to know if you have any suggestions of for duplicating this process to look as professional as possible in another format (besides online). Just looking for help. Thank you

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Scott,

I had to do this once with a very large Rise course.

I created a PDF from Rise, which I then turned into a Word doc. I spent endless hours to edit the Word document but it was a total mess for many reasons.

I ended up discarding that and instead switched to copying and pasting the content from Rise into a Word document.

While this process may sound completely counterintuitive, it was far quicker, much less frustrating, and produced a 100% better result than what I started with (Rise -> PDF -> Word).