highlighted line item comments in rise review

Oct 29, 2018

When using Rise and Articulate Review is there a way to keep comments in line with the line item it is referenced to?

For example, when you are reviewing a Google doc and you want to comment on a line item, you highlight the line item and add a comment. The comment and the line item stay connected. When you click the highlighted line item the comment appears.

When using Rise in Articulate Review the line item  and comment become disjunct. Comments get dumped into a pseudo to do list, and not connected to a line item. Therefore comments become difficult to manage.  and reference back to the line item.

So, when using Rise and Articulate Review is there a way to keep comments in line with the line item it is referenced to?

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Eric,

I took a quick recording with Peek of how the comments appear in Review for a Rise course. You'll see that it connects to the individual lesson or piece within a lesson that was being viewed when I added the comment. 

It sounds like you'd like an option where comments could be connected to specific lines of text or images? I can share that idea with our team! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Elizabeth! Right now, the Feedback tab in Review 360 lets you see all comments for a project on one screen. Each thread has a screenshot so you can see exactly what the viewer was looking at when the first comment in the thread was posted. These screenshots help you see feedback in context so you know what changes need to be made. 

We haven't added a feature for text-specific feedback, but we'll let you know if that changes in the future. 

Jennifer McKay

I would also like to request this. We often have several reviewers looking at a rise module and it would be beneficial for comments to link to the actual text or image they are referring to so reviewers can see others' comments and reply. It seems like a cumbersome extra step to have our stakeholders go to the other tab, find the comments per block, then go back in the other tab to find it again to leave a comment. It's just not a practical way to collaborate in review 360.