How can a Rise 360 SCORM package communicate with a custom LMS without editing the code?

May 12, 2021

I saw a post here which says that two lines need to be added to the index.html file: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/scorm-api-discovery#reply-707836

I actually tried this solution and it worked! Prior to this the SCORM package would not communicate with the JavaScript LMS.

I have quoted the solution below, but isn't there a proper way to do this which does not require adding these two lines?

What I found that works is deploying both scormcontent and scormdriver folders and adding these script tags to the scormcontent index.html:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../scormdriver/scormdriver.js"></script>
Then adding window.Start(); in a new <script> tag before the body <script> is loaded, to initiate the Scorm API discovery. However this was by trial & error rather than by following any official approach, so would be good to get it confirmed whether that's fine or another approach is recommended.

2 Replies
Alvaro Gamez

I managed to find the solution to this.

The problem was cause by loading the wrong file in the LMS. A staff post in the other thread gave the impression that the index file in the scormcontent folder must be loaded but this is wrong. It is the scormdriver/indexAPI.html page that must be loaded by the LMS. This file then loads the index.html file in the root folder. You can find this file being mentioned as the sco in the manifest file.

Following the solution in the other thread will give many errors. I will update the other thread too.