How do I move a course into another course?

Oct 11, 2019

I have a very large course that I am creating that is going to be a bunch of smaller courses pulled together. 

I have a few of the smaller courses already created and I am trying to duplicate the small courses and make them into lessons within the larger course but I can seem to figure out how to do this. 

Please help! This will be something I need to do rather often in the future.

6 Replies
Nicholas Crouch

I saw this and tried it but it presents a problem for us. 

I tried this and it did work, however, then I have a bunch of small modules that I need to group together under one lesson. From what Ive seen, there is no easy way to take these individual modules and then bring them into one lesson.

Karl Muller

For that situation you should Rise Block Templates. Templates will allow you take blocks from several different Lessons and combine them into one Lesson. It will require creating multiple templates but it will work.

Here is detailed information about using Templates:

https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Creating-Sharing-and-Reusing-Block-Templates 

Tanya Corlett

To amplify what Karl has said about block templates, these give you a very powerful way of moving content.

We often reposition elements of a unit by creating a new block template and selecting those items we want to reposition, saving the block with the name, 'copy' then finding the insertion point in the unit, opening up the block templates choosing the block called 'copy' (it will show at the top of the block list) then opening it at the insertion point. Then we delete the block called, 'copy' in the templates list. Sounds long winded but, takes only a couple of minutes.

We've also created some blocks with the formatting we want, background colour, font size and a sample of text to give us the equivalent of 'Styles' that you meet on the ribbon in MS Word. That way when there is a new heading needed, we grab the style block from the blocks list and pop that in place then enter, for example, text into the block. Again, once you have your style blocks you are away.

What I'd love is for the block template list to be open as a side window so that I could select as I go rather than having to open the block template list then select what I need.

Good luck.