how to add codes/ scripts into RISE 360?

Jun 02, 2020

Hi,

I have been trying to create a rise 360 content which is with videos but needed the video to autoplay when it loads.

The ideal order is as follow:

Video

Content

(Complete the content above before moving on - Continue button)

Video

content

However, right now, what I've tried was this:

Video (click play)

Content

Video (click play)

Content

Then I tried this order:

SL interactive content (autoplay)

Content

(Complete the content above before moving on - Continue button) This doesn't work and there's no way to move to the next video.

Can anyone help?

My purpose is to ensure that the learner watches the videos before "browsing through" all contents, to complete the contents via clicks.

Can anyone help?

11 Replies
Euan Hill

Hi Calvin,

I just want to check that I'm understanding correctly, but do you want a continue divider below the video which only allows a learner to continue after the entire video has played?

We've built a Storyline slide which activates a continue button once 90% of a video has been watched before it, but currently set up to work for Vimeo content. If this is what you're after, I can take a look at what we've got and see if there is anything we can share?

Knowledge Central .

Hi Euan,

I've tried that too but apparently, I would need the video file to play automatically after loading. What I have tried what you've done and the other method is using SL to create the video as well. However after it loads and plays, it doesn't clear up the "Complete the content above before moving on).

I've seen another example: https://www.rabbitoreg.com/demo/atd2017/#/list/5SBBI788qmLJnsXnTv4UE2Be7rMB0Vnj?_k=5vzzlb and it's something like what's shown but I would need the user to complete the task before moving on.

Just needed the video to autoplay upon loading. Any other method to make it happen?

Euan Hill
Calvin Chung

However after it loads and plays, it doesn't clear up the "Complete the content above before moving on

Hi Calvin, ahh, ever so sorry for oversimplifying it! I'm afraid I may be misunderstanding you a little still - if you can share an example I could try have a look?

I'm aware that if you want to force a video to be watched, a continue divider needs to be directly below for the "complete content directly above". If you don't want the divider to be directly below the video, you can put it below the content and change the setting to Complete All Blocks Above, but this means that every part of the lesson above would need to be completed.

I've just updated that demo to have a short paragraph after the video, which is still locked until the video is watched: https://rise.articulate.com/author/F7kr-hg_uUW8e_Z-fjqI1EDrzqAjZ0I0#/author/details/_IoKmJ8OKgNFQbTrlaHR9FzF5C4SGU2-

Euan Hill

So, my example works as such:

Video is a storyline slide and the video has been embedded into the slide. The slide has a trigger to set the course as completed/passed once the media has ended. (I can share a storyline file if you need an example.)

I've just put a normal paragraph of text below and then the continue divider is set for all blocks above to be completed. Rise waits for the completed/passed trigger to activate before it unlocks the button.

In your example:

If you're just uploading a video (as is shown in your example) you just need to set the continue divider to only unlock when all blocks above are completed - a learner should only be able to go beyond the content once they've watched the video as well.

With regards to autoplaying the video, I haven't tried this method yet unfortunately. Have you read the blog that goes alongside that example you shared? He describes how you can get the video to autoplay through JQuery. Here's the blog: https://www.rabbitoreg.com/2017/04/12/auto-play-video-after-scrolling-in-view/#prettyPhoto  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.