How to embed a Rise course to Google Sites?

Jun 08, 2020

I'm trying to embed a Rise course to a Google Site by using the URL you get when you click the "share" option. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, but now the site is unable to recognize the URL. I've also tried putting the URL into de iframe code, but it didn't work.

I went back to look at the courses I've embeded before and they have all stopped working as well.

Is that a bug or have you changed something in the past 2 weeks?

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Luiza! Karl is spot on — Rise 360 content that's embedded in an iframe via its share link will no longer display on your site. 

This article explains how to export a Rise 360 course to a web server and includes video tutorials for some free hosting options, such as Amazon S3 and Google Cloud. 

Once the Rise 360 content is hosted on your own server, you can embed that link in an iframe. Let us know if you have any questions about that! 

Shane Wallis

Unfortunately, the instructions provided in the article you provided the link for do not help. It seems to be missing a critical step of the process. When I went to upload the extracted files from my rise course I could not figure out how to get the right files and folders to upload to my Google Cloud. I select the upload files link from my Google Cloud and go to the folder where my extracted files/folder, which is titled content. I then open that folder to display one index file, one goodbye file, then two folders titled assets and lib. Do I try to upload both files and then all the content in the assets and lib folders? If so, it doesn't let you upload everything at the same time. It only lets me select the index and goodbye files. Do I upload those first then come back and open the assets and lib folders and upload them separately? Any guidance you can provide would be awesome! :) 

Karl Muller

Hi Shane,

I've not used Google Cloud, but can tell you how we deploy a Rise course to a web server in case that is of any help.

Once you have exported your course for Web, unzip the export zip file locally and maintain the folder structure. The root folder should be content. The content folder has two sub-folders of assets and lib.

Copy all the unzipped folders and files to the web server, and maintain the folder structure.  You may have to upload one folder at a time depending on the upload tool being used.

Use the index.html file in the content folder to launch the course.