Icons in the way

Apr 25, 2024

I don't know when this changed, but the icons have become really intrusive in Rise. I can read all of my text as long as I don't click in, or hover over, a block. But once I click anywhere in a paragraph, I see something like the attached image. I can see all the text if I click some other element. But I can never actually click to place my cursor in the first few words of a paragraph. I have to click elsewhere and use the keyboard to move my cursor where it needs to be. After I make changes, I have to click into some other element to check my work. It is very cumbersome. It wasn't always like this. What is the trick for hiding those icons or actually gettting to a place where I can submit feedback to Articulate?

3 Replies
Heather Antti

OK, I did realize that if I close the comments panel, there is room for those icons off to the side, in the margin, where they don't cover text. So at least that's one more way I can get to my text. But I do like to have the comments open while I edit a module without having to comment in the separate review copy. Are there any other tricks for being able to see all the words in a paragraph?

Jose Tansengco

Hi Heather,

Thanks for reaching out!

Changing the zoom level or your browser will help move those icons out of the way. If you're working on a Windows machine, using a combination of the "Ctrl + Plus" and "Ctrl + Minus" keys will change the zoom level of your browser, and using "Ctrl + 0" will reset the zoom level to its default value. 

Hope this helps!

Heather Antti

Thank you, Jose. In my case, I have to zoom so much that I then can't read the text well enough to edit it. (If I were just reading it as a user, that might work, but because there's no spell check, I need to be able to see every letter and punctuation mark.) But that tip might help others if anyone else has the same issue. I can make it way small and squint out the first few words, then zoom it big again. Usually, just clicking on another element seems easier than that.