Image Captioning

Aug 01, 2017

Hello, over the last few weeks I began developing my lessons (for my accounting classes) in Rise. As everybody probably knows, educational institutions are required to comply with ADA requirements, including video and image captioning. I want to focus on images. In some instances, I do see a field to include a caption (outside of the image itself).

When I add images to a tabbed page (blocks), I do not see where I would add captions. Any suggestions?

jose

5 Replies
Anna Zanetti

Hi Jose,

For demonstration videos, are you using Rise? If so, have you tried using the AB mix feature to include captions/pop ups? I, too, like including captions within videos (when sound or voice over cannot be included, and to accommodate learning styles and preferences).

I've found this helpful for both videos and pictures, and looping presentations. 

If you aren't sure how, here are some tips using Replay:

• Select the AB mix feature in Replay (located below the image preview screen and above the time meter).
  • Upload the video or picture to section A, then upload the caption to section B (or vice versa). You can switch them around using drag and drop if you aren't sure.
  • You can select which quadrant you'd like the caption to appear in (Replay defaults to the lower right hand side). 
  • Adding multiple captions : By clicking on the image you've uploaded, you can drag the edge to shorten or lengthen the duration, or click in the middle to drag it to where you would like to see it begin based on the timing meter (located between the mix bar and the image). Upload the next image, and repeat.
  • Preview playing the presentation until you are ready to publish to an MP4 or to your Articulate360 library

I've attached a sample of an image with a caption created from a screen shot.

I hope this helps. This advice is based on my experience learning with the tool as I go. I've had  positive feedback from clients!

Note, if you are using a previously created MP4, you can upload it into Rise and add the captions using this same method. A new MP4 will be generated when you publish. Just make sure doing this doesn't not interfere with any copyright associate with the video.

Teresa Vanderpost

Hi there,

Starting to use RISE, so you are probably seeing me pop up way to often on old posts trying to clarify information hope that is okay.

From the title here, I am not sure if I see a clear answer to the initial question, but is the same question I have.

I have used the Tab option and added an image.  I was hoping to add more than one image in the Tab but doesn't look like I could, so I took a picture of the two images side by side and made it one image.  But I need to add the ALT Tag or caption under the image for accessibility.  You have them on most of your blocks but don't see the option for this one.

I attached my Tab example.  the picture you see looks like two images but I just made it one image as i don't think you can add more than one, but trying to add the alt tag....and can't figure it out.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.