Image doesn't appear until I select button to continue in RISE

Mar 15, 2023

Hi there,

I feel like I show know how to fix this, but then seem to be stumped.

I have an image that I have used as a divider just for cosmetics within a section that has multiple subsections.

I can't see the image until I select the button underneath it, and I can't see a setting to fix it.  I have attached my review link.  Go into Section 2, 3 or4 and you will see the image between sections.  I attached two images so you can see what you are to look for.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/762465bd-e8a9-4471-a144-56de56866afc/review 

10 Replies
Teresa Vanderpost

Hi Tom, if you take a look at the review link, you will see the image block is actually above the continue block.  So I assumed my image will appear and then you see my continue button, but the image is not showing up until after you press the continue button like you are describing.  I was hoping the image would just appear above the button and then stay when the button disappears, but now thinking maybe the divider should go under the continue button.  I attached a few images as well.  I can always temporarily share the file with you if you like.  I assume I add you as a co-collaborators for a RISE file, but let me know your thoughts first.  Thanks

Teresa Vanderpost

So I moved the image below the continue block in section 3, left section 2 so you can see the difference. I think that moving it below the button works for me.  But I am still curious as to why the image doesn't show up when it is above the continue block...things that make me go hmmmm...

Teresa Vanderpost

Hi Tom, sorry to bug, this got me thinking. Before the new Themes option came out you used to have an option I think under Settings to turn off the Fade or Slide in image as they appear so they would just be there.  I can't seem to find it now.  Not sure if this makes sense. Thought maybe if I can turn that off they would show up the way I want them to.  NO rush...just can't find that option anymore.

Samira Baumann

Hi everyone!

Is there a fix for this issue apart from disabling block entrance animations?

I have the same problem as Teresa, but only when viewing the content on a smartphone. In my case, the picture above the continue button is important for understanding the content, so I would appreciate to find a solution for this issue. I want to keep the entrance animations because I like them a lot.

I use a Samsung Galacy A53 (Android Version 14) and the Browser Firefox (122.1.0).

The order of my blocks is:

[...]
Text block (Paragraph with heading)
Image block (Image centered)
Continue button
next text block
[...]

I tried so far:
- making the padding of the picture-block bigger
- making the padding of the continue-button bigger (top and/or bottom padding)
- adding a divider block between the picture and the continue button
- adding a text block between the picture and the continue button (containing no text expect a space)
- inserting the picture as a "labeled graphic" without labels instead of as a "image centered "block

When you click the continue button the user view automatically scrolls down to the new content. Therefore, the learner will probably miss the picture completely if it isn't visible before clicking the continue button.

Thank you in advance for any advice :)

Steven Benassi

Hi Samira!

Sorry to hear you've hit this snag! Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far!

I've opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can test this behavior with the appropriate mobile device. You're in great hands working one-on-one with them and they should be following up with you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.