Integrating content from Git

Jul 30, 2023

I am currently looking for solutions to integrate product documentation from a Git repository into an e-learning course.

There are component based content authoring solutions (e.g. MadCap, Xyleme, Paligo) that can work the other way, pushing the same content from the authoring system into Git and SCORM packages. We are investigating those options but these may not be our best option.

So I am specifically looking for a solution to pull markup files from Git and embed the content into a Rise 360 course. Ideally in  way that can be automated so as to avoid tedious copy and paste effort.

1 Reply
Gren Foronda

Hi Andy!

I understand you'd like to integrate your content from Git with your Rise course.

What file format is your content in Git? Is this a web page, a PDF file, a SCORM package or another format?

If you are able to generate an iFrame embed code for your content in Git, you can embed your Git content in Rise using an Embed block, or other blocks that support embedded content. You can view a quick tutorial on embedding content in Rise 360 in this article.

Let me know if you have additional questions or clarifications!