Is articulate the right tool for me?

Jan 18, 2022

Kia ora everyone,

I work for a company that helps businesses turn their professional training into registered qualifications. A lot of the businesses use paper based training manuals that we often help develop.

I am looking for a tool that will

* Allow me to make training material online

* Complete knowledge checks throughout

* Complete summative assessments that can be used as evidence towards a qualification

It appears that articulate can accommodate this. My main question is - how would the client access the training?

For instance, am I able to develop training material and then send it to the client and have their entire staff access it?

Can I make one of their assessors an admin so they can see the results?

Can I do this for multiple different clients?

The tool looks fantastic but I don't want to invest too much time into converting material if it can't meet the purpose I am after.

Any feedback would be very appreciated! 

5 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Logan,

Articulate Rise 360 is an online course development tool only.

Rise 360 is not intended to be used a a course delivery or student tracking and management tool.

For these functions, once your Rise course has been completed, export a copy of the course, and import the course into a separate third part Learning Management System (LMS).

The LMS allows you to put students into groups or classes, assign the students courses, assign instructors and administrators to manage students and track their results, print reports, etc.

Typically if you are a contracted course developer, the LMS would belong to your clients, and you would provide them with a copy of your Rise course to use in their system.

Lea Agato

Hi there, Logan! You might want to consider Rise.com! It's our all-in-one online training system that gives you one place to create, track, manage, and analyze your training. It includes all the authoring functionality of Rise 360, plus a library of pre-built lessons on common business topics. You can even import third-party SCORM content you created using other course development tools.

You'll be able to assign learner, author, reporter, and admin roles for your users. 

You can create user groups for your clients, and assign content so that only specific groups can access them.

Click here to view a 5-minute demo, and get in touch with the Rise team for any questions!

Logan Donnelly

Hi Lea,

Thanks for the response. This does sound like a better option for my team.
Some questions:

We will want to offer these all-in-one training systems to multiple clients.
Am I able to have say

Company1 (100 staff) sign in and use the package and assign some admins for the learners

Company 2 (10 staff) just need to complete some basic training and assessment once a year

Company 3 (50 staff) regular training weekly for nine months who will also need admins.

Can rise.com accommodate this? What package would you recommend? 

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Logan!

In Rise.com, you can put the learners in Groups for easier management.

As for admins, if you add an admin to Rise.com, the admin would have visibility on all the courses and groups.  You can also add a reporter that has access to reports of only specific groups. 

You can start a free trial for Rise.com here to check if it's suited for your needs!