Issues with Flashcard component with larger card stacks in Rise

Jun 09, 2021

It's my understanding from a previous post that there is no limit on the number of cards you include in the Flashcard component. 

However, we have seemed to have pushed this component to the limit with the number of cards we want to include for a terminology course. 

I'm attaching screen captures showing "missing" navigation and, at times, it also shows only part of the card.

Originally, we had three flashcard components in a single chapter (with 63, 43 and 30 cards), which is where we originally saw the issues. Since then we have been attempting a few other ways, but we are still seeing the same attached issues: 

1. Split up the larger stack to 30 and 33. Leave the remaining stacks as is. 
  2. Split each stack into three separate chapters within the full course.
  3. Separated these stacks into their own course, split up the larger stack, and each of the three groupings in its own chapter. 

Clearly, there is a limit and we have hit it. Has anyone else experienced this issue? What was your workaround? I am interested in knowing whether Articulate is aware of this issue and if there is another workaround that we have not considered yet. 

Your immediate attention to these issues are greatly appreciated. 

2 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Melanie! Thanks for sharing those screenshots and sharing the details of your testing. 

I was able to test with one large stack of 64 and everything appeared to work normally throughout all 64 cards

This was tested with Chrome v91. Could you please let me know which browser and version you had some issues with so we can test as well? Hope to help you get to the bottom of this!