Lining up the Label Icons in the Labelled Graphic lesson

Jan 18, 2018

Hello,

Has anyone discovered a trick to ensure that the label icons are in line in the Labelled Graphic lesson?

Janice

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Janice,

All the markers for the labelled graphic can be placed freely - it sounds like you're hoping for a grid/guideline of sorts to align them once you've placed on your image? Interesting idea, I'd love to know a bit more about the graphic your using and how this would help. That'll be good info for our product team to have! 

Perhaps there is a guiding line or section of the image you could use as a reference point in the meantime?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Janice for sharing that image. I haven't run across something like this, but I'm going to reach out to a few team members to see if we have any best practices for things like this! 

I did notice that your Xs appeared well aligned and it was just the ✔️ marks that were off centered? My eyes started to mess with me, but I did check those with a straight edge rule on my monitor. 😉

Michael Bauer

As a workaround in the meantime, try this:

You have your image already, so keep that copy.

Where the ticks are (which I know aren't on your actual image, place a vertical line, and save that. This is your point of reference. Using the same image as the original means that the image size is also the same.

Upload the new version, place your ticks on there using your new vertical line as a guide. Then, replace the image with your original version. Bingo :)

Danny Cole

May I add my +1 to this feature request.  I am currently building a timeline in Rise explaining a simple history of SCORM using the labelled graphic so learners can follow along the timeline. I find the labelled graphic uses a lot less room than the rather bulky built-in timeline (which doesn't collapse and shows everything all the time). Either a simple alignment tool for markers in Rise and/or, like Storyline, the ability to see their properties and so manually type in X & Y co-ordinates to align them. This would keep their responsiveness in tact if they all had the same Y location.