LMS platform questions

Feb 17, 2023

Hello, I am going to upload one of our courses to a LMS that we currently use. I am not sure of the platforms they support is what Rise 360 uses.

This is from their customer service.

If the Orientation is not a video, the Acceptable file types: .csv , .doc , .docx , .dot , .dotx , .eml , .gif , .html , .ics , .jpeg , .jpg , .msg , .odp , .ods , .odt , .pdf , .png , .pot , .potx , .pps , .ppsx , .ppt , .pptx , .rtf , .tiff , .txt , .xls , .xlsx , .xlt , .xltx , .xml

If I upload the course will it work? I do not have an inhouse IT department so I can not ask them.
1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Cherry, 

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm not sure what the text from your customer service is referring to when they mention orientation, but a Rise 360 courses make use of the .html file extension. For example, when you export a Rise 360 course for LMS distribution, opening the index.html file will launch your course on your browser. 

I say the best way to know if your LMS will accept Rise 360 courses is to test. You can do this by exporting your course for LMS distribution and uploading the published output to your LMS. If your LMS is SCORM compliant, then the course should launch without any issues.