Multi-Language funcitonality

Jan 23, 2023

I have a course that is going to 7 different countries. I used buttons in the beginning so that learners could go to the lesson in their specific language. The issue I am running into is that each language has a quiz that needs to be passed. When a user takes their language, even if they get 100% they cannot move on because the quizzes in the other languages were not passed by them. Is there a way around this?

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

When you publish a course, you can indicate multiple quizzes for tracking. The program will complete the course and report the results to the LMS for whichever quiz is finished first

FYI: There is another issue when combining multiple languages into one project: You can only use one language for the Text Labels. Those are the system messages, such as the dialog box asking if the user wants to resume the course, and the warning message if they click Submit before answering a question. So it won't matter what language a user chooses to view in your course. Everyone will see those system messages in English (or whatever one language you use for the Text Labels). 

There's more info here: https://community.articulate.com/articles/how-to-create-one-storyline-course-with-multiple-languages  

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Bobby!

It looks like Judy shared a solution that works well if you're using Storyline 360! However, it sounds like you're using Rise 360. Since you can only track one quiz per Rise 360 course. And as Judy mentioned, you can only translate Rise 360 labels into one language per course. 

For those reasons, I generally recommend that you separate each language into its own course. 

Judy Nollet

Oops. Sorry about that. I thought I was in the Storyline discussion when I added my answer above. 

As Alyssa said, the caveat about the text labels only being in one language applies to Rise, too. So it is best to create a separate course for each language. 

• There are folks with JavaScript skills who could combine the separate SCORM packages into one package that allows the user to select their language. (I don't have anyone to recommend. I just know this is possible.)