Multiple Language Course - How to mark complete

Jul 27, 2023

I am trying to create a course that has both English and Spanish options. I added separate courses together to create one course (which was recommended using buttons). However, this means the English and Spanish speakers have to go through all content in both languages to finish the course. Is there a way to mark a learner complete when they have finished their preferred languages section instead of doing the whole thing? 

PS I am exporting the course as a SCORM file and uploading into an LMS. 

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Try this: Create a separate lesson that has a Storyline block with a Completion trigger. Use that SL block to track completion. 

That block (as well as any other final message in the lesson) should include both English and Spanish. 

At the end of the English and Spanish content, add a button that jumps to that final, completion lesson.

Note: Be aware that Text Labels (aka system messages) can only be in one language. 

Judy Nollet

Based on what you say is happening, it sounds like tracking is based on the amount of content viewed instead of the SL block. 

If you already have the "Track using Storyline block" setting, there are a few things that might be going on.

• The completion trigger may not be running in the SL block. To ensure that the trigger runs, consider attaching it to a button, and tell the user (in both languages) to click that button. 
  • It's also possible that the program doesn't recognize the completion trigger until the user scrolls down enough to get past that block. I'm not sure if that could be an issue or not, because I've never put an SL block at the very end of a Rise course. I've always had something beyond it. (Typically, I'd put a Continue button that's disabled until the SL block is done, because that disabled button lets the user know that they're not quite finished with the course.)