Naming Convention

Aug 01, 2023

Hello,

how can I create a different name for my course so I can organize my different projects utilizing different naming conventions. 

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

First, think about what information you'd like to see in the title to make it easier to identify. For example, some naming conventions start with course identification numbers or general topic. Some use full titles, while others use abbreviated titles. 

Some folks (myself included) prefer to avoid spaces in titles. Instead, they use underscores (_) or hyphens (-). 

I think the naming convention should also include the version number and/or date. 

This post includes some info about version control that might also be helpful:

Judy Nollet

Oops. Sorry, I didn't notice the question was in the Rise section and not the Storyline one. 

Naming and organizing files in Rise is much harder, because the Title that appears in the course is the title that appears in your dashboard.

I have added version info to Rise titles after publishing for the LMS. 

You can create folders in the Rise dashboard, but that doesn't help with other source files. So the info in the link I provided earlier might still be useful for storing special graphics, audio files, and copies of the LMS package.