Need Attestation - check box can be unchecked and allow for continuation

Feb 21, 2024

I have seen a few threads on here around attestations and using the check box in combination with the continue divider, but not seeing anything regarding the fact the box can be unchecked. 

The problem is that once the box is checked and the continue button is unlocked, the box can be unchecked again and the user can continue which defeats the purpose.

Is there a solution to force/allow the continue block to stay locked if the checkbox gets unchecked?

6 Replies
James Tischler

Thanks Karl.  I am aware that the selection is not saved per say, as long as the continue button only allows advancement when the box is checked that is acceptable based on the reasoning that the only way possible to have a completion in the LMS is by checking the box.  The problem is that a learner can uncheck the box and still proceed and obtain a completion.

Phil Mayor

I agree with Karl that Rise is not really set up for this. The solution I suggested I would set it up that the continue button would not unlock until you have checked the checkbox and the checkbox would disappear so you couldn’t uncheck. You could set completion off this storyline block. Of course if they reload the rise page the checkbox would be unlocked. But you could set the storyline block to check local storage or even the LMS to see if the course was marked complete.

Some of this will need some JavaScript code. It is simple to set the block so it can only be checked once and then never needs to be done again.

Sent from my iPhone