New Feature in Rise 360: Question Banks

Apr 05, 2022

Rise 360 just keeps getting better. Today we released a new feature called question banks. 

Thanks to question banks, you can now create randomized quizzes in Rise 360 by drawing from a bank of prepared questions. This is especially useful when you want to make sure learners see something different each time they retake a quiz.

With the quiz question bank feature, you can create a set of questions once, and reuse that bank as many times as you want in the same course or even across multiple courses. What a huge timesaver!

You also have the flexibility to use question banks for knowledge check blocks or quizzes—giving you options for how and when you want to check or test a learner’s knowledge.

To create a quiz question bank, click Question Banks and select New Bank.

Give your question bank a name and select Create Question Bank.

From there, create and add questions to the bank just as you would when building a quiz lesson.

And there’s no limit on how many question banks you can create. To help you stay organized, you can organize your question banks into different folders. For example, you could create a folder for each course or topic.

And if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you have even more ways to work together. With question banks, you can easily share question bank folders with other team members to ensure consistency across your organization’s courses. You can even assign different roles to each member—manager, editor, or viewer— depending on the level of access they need.

We think you’re going to love this new Rise 360 quizzing feature and can’t wait to hear what you think!

144 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Fagteh and Johan. Sorry to hear that you both have problems with questions appearing in your question banks or course. I tried reproducing the issue, but it worked fine on my end. Here is what I did:

1. Create a question bank.

2. Add 65 questions into the question bank.

3. Insert a quiz lesson.

4. Insert all 65 questions from the question bank into the quiz lesson.

5. Previewed the course and confirmed that it showed all 65 questions.

When I accessed the question bank again, it showed all 65 questions correctly. Are you seeing something different? Did I miss a step on how to reproduce your issue?

Paul O'Connell

Great addition - one issue we noticed was after adding a question bank to a Rise course, we then added images to a few questions in the question bank but they didn't automatically appear in the Rise course. We had to relink the question bank for the images to come through in the Rise course - which is fine, but would assume any changes in the question bank area would automatically appear on the Rise courses.

eLearning Development

I was able to recreate the issue of not having the option to add questions from a quiz to a question bank.  What I had done was create 3 questions banks then added questions to them with no problem.  I created folders to sort them and moved the banks into the 2 folders.  At that point I lost the ability to add questions to those banks.   I moved one of the banks out of the folder and then the ability to add came back for that bank only. 

It seems you are not able to add questions to a bank that is in a folder.  or that is my experience anyway.

Tim

Joel Briscoe

Question banks are an excellent addition! Not only does it help randomize questions, but also provides a single location to manage changes to questions (e.g., resolve typos or changes to the answer options).

I'd like to see the ability to import & export questions. 
Importing & exporting using Excel or CSV will allow us to conveniently sync questions between Rise (primarily used for knowledge checks) and our LMS exams (primarily used for skill and certification exams).

Karl Muller

When the Question Bank function was originally rolled out, the option to push an individual question from within a Rise quiz to a Question Bank, would appear as long as you had already created at least one Question bank. This included a Question Bank that existed within a folder.

That has now changed. 

Now, the option to push an individual question from a Rise quiz to a Question Bank, will only appear if the Question Bank is NOT in a folder.

Currently having a Question Bank within a folder serves no purpose.

Crystal Horn

Hi Tim,

Can you check if you have images in the questions you're trying to add to the bank within a folder? Johan noticed here that he had issues with a specific image file type.

I tested questions both without an image and with an image from the content library, and I was able to successfully add them to my bank within a personal folder.

Raf Van Ermengem

Hi,

I added questions from a question bank to my rise360 course.
Now I am unable to export the course as xAPI.

The error says:
Something went wrong. There was an error exporting your course. Please try again.

The other formats are working fine.

Is anyone else having this issue?
You can find the browser error log in attachment.

Tanvi Agrawal

Hi there - I am trying this for the first time and i am wondering how will this feature interact with LMS. After we publish the course with a quiz that draws from a question back and upload on the LMS, will it keep drawing random questions for different users and same user taking the quiz multiple times or it will draw questions randomly once at the time of publish and it will remain constant post publishing?

Cyanna Course Designer

This is a great, new feature in Rise! I do have a question... if I create a question bank of 30 questions, but only want students to see 5 questions in their quiz, can Rise randomly choose any five of those 30 questions? I don't want to have to select the five questions myself. I want it to be shuffled every time a student takes the quiz. 

Thanks,

Mel

Kristýna Vitásková

Thanks Crystal for informing us. It seems finally we will be able to start using quizzes in Rise which can save a lot of time. Until now, we wanted to show feedback for bot correct and incorrect answer but when incorrect answer was selected not to show what is the correct one. So great news for the evening in Europe :)

Kristýna Vitásková

Hi Crystal,
during the first test of new quizzes feedback settings, we noticed an issue with multiple response type of question which was answered partially correct. Overall the response is incorrect and it shows "incorrect feedback" (which we want), however, it reveals as well which of the selected choices was the correct one. Is this a bug in new solution or expected behaviour? I rather see it as a bug :(
Thanks for letting me know.

Proactima AS

Hi,

When a multiple response question is added to a bank from a quiz, the question in the bank gets completely broken. Firstly, all previous correctly marked answers are lost in the imported question. This is of course a huge inconvenience, but even more importanly the imported multiple response questions never work. They will allways give feedback that the question was answered wrongly.

To reiterate this bug happens when adding a multiple response question from a quiz in a course to a question bank.