NEW IN ARTICULATE 360 TEAMS: Transfer Content

May 07, 2019

Today we released a new feature that’s just for Articulate 360 Teams: transfer content. Now it’s easy to maintain control of your content when team members change.

The new transfer content feature lets you transfer projects when users are removed from your Articulate 360 Teams account. You can transfer Storyline 360 team slides, Rise 360 courses and block templates, and Review 360 content.

Here’s how easy it is to transfer content:

We hope this new feature is helpful!

Pinned Reply
Christopher Santos

Hi everyone!

We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.

88 Replies
Sandy Rushton

While I appreciate that this feature is useful when permanently removing a user from a team, in the case of the team I work in it is proving to be problematic. We swap seats quite regularly, as different members of our team require Articulate 360 access at different times. I believe this is a common situation for many Articulate 360 customers.

Since the introduction of this feature we have encountered issues with content being assigned elsewhere or - worse - deleted accidentally when team members are swapping seats. The fact that it is possible to permanently delete Rise/Review content from the pop-up, with no possibility of recovery, is extremely risky. The current system puts users in a position where they could easily delete sensitive and important work with no warning that this is irreversible, or transfer content without a paper trail to follow. Again, this poses a real problem when swapping seats on a regular basis.

I've already submitted a feature request to change the default of the pop-up to 'Nothing - just remove user from team', as we believe that would significantly reduce the amount of mistakes made. But I wanted to reiterate here the gravity of making an error when swapping seats, and draw this to the attention of the community and development team.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for sharing your insight on the transfer content feature in Rise 360. I can understand the need to change the default option to 'Nothing - just remove user from team'. I'll pass along your request to my team!

One of the benefits of an Articulate 360 Teams subscription is that you can reassign seats when team members leave the company or their roles change. However, you can't frequently swap multiple people in and out of the same seat. In each 12-month period, you can transfer seats up to two times the number of seats in your account. For example, if your team has 10 seats, you can make up to 20 transfers per year.

Guido Roessling

Is there any way for authors (without an Articulate 360 Teams subscription) to transfer a course to somebody else?
In this concrete example, students want to create content within the 60-day trial period and then transfer it to the teacher (me) so it can be maintained later on. As a stand-alone teacher, I don't have a Teams subscription...

Nicole Dalton

Hi. Having the same issue as a few of the other users....

I need to transfer Storyline content from myself to another person in our organization. Is this possible?  Neither of us are leaving - the other developer will take ownership of this course.  Otherwise he is unable to sign in to 360 - Storyline and access it.  Can you assist?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Nicole!

Storyline 360 files are saved to your local hard drive, so you can easily share those files with another person by emailing them, uploading them to a flash drive, or uploading them to a shared network drive.

Just be sure your teammate downloads the files to their own hard drive before opening them with Storyline 360. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Susan,

I took a look at your Articulate ID, and I see that you are on a Teams subscription. Do you know if the contractor was a team member on that subscription, or if they were on their own individual subscription? 

If you're unsure, contact your Teams subscription administrator, and they should be able to let you know who is listed on your team.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Amanda! It's possible to retrieve those courses, but you'll want to enlist the help of your IT staff. Here's how:

Step 1:

Add the user back to your team with the same email address they used before. Since the email address is no longer active, ask your IT staff to temporarily grant you access to it or to forward incoming messages to you. Then click the activation link in their email invitation.

After reactivating the user's team membership, your IT staff can disable the email address again. Most organizations find it's trivial to temporarily reactivate an email address to demonstrate that they have control over it. This is a safeguard for your organization, for us, and for the data being transferred to a new owner.

Step 2:

Remove the user from your team again and choose the option to transfer their content to someone else.

This article describes where the new owner can find content that was transferred to them.

Let me know if you have any questions along the way. I'm happy to help!

Brett Rockwood

Hi, I was curious if there were anymore developments around this topic. While it's great to be able to transfer ownership around it can also be problematic. One issue that comes up frequently is version control. If Developer A creates a course and then shares it with Developer B and Developer B makes changes to it we now how two versions out of sync and Developer A realistically is no longer able to use her version. It makes it very difficult to have a "golden source."

Like others have said it would be very useful if there was an admin view showing all Rise courses for all Team members that would allow the admin to move courses among team members. In my current situation we have a central repository of all of the Storyline courses so they can be pulled down by any available designer to make updates whenever necessary. Would be excellent if there was some way to do that with Rise courses.

Brett Rockwood

Hi Alyssa. I was not aware of that function so thank you very much! So hypothetically  you could have everyone on the team assigned as a collaborate to a course, right? Any one of them could go in at any time and make changes and those changes would appear in everyone else's version. So in a way you would have a virtual golden copy available to the team at all times. I know that's not the way it was intentioned or designed but would it not work that way?

Alyssa Gomez

You got it, Brett! That is the way it's intended to work. It makes team collaboration so much easier!

Collaborators can have one of three roles for a course:

• The Course Owner can do everything. This is the person who originally created the course.
  • Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. When a course manager publishes a course to Review 360, it's published to the course owner's account rather than the course manager's account. 
  • Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.
Kim Tews

This feature is helpful but doesn't resolve the issue for our team. Someone left the company (he already removed from the team member list like the video above) and we need access to a course he built that wasn't transferred. Basically how do we get access to a course he build when there aren't any other collaborators on the course and he's no longer with the company.