New Rise Floating Buttons issue

Aug 03, 2022

I really like the way the floating buttons look, but I've had a number of learners report back that they can't see them. After some testing I found out that the floating buttons are hidden if the user is zoomed in too far. Just a heads up for anyone that is utilizing them in their courses.

14 Replies
Evan Bahoric

Sure thing. I've uploaded 3 screenshots.

• zoom-expected.png - floating button appears as normal
  • zoom250.png - zoom level in chrome is 250%, behavior begins to conflict with Docebo course player.
  • zoome300.png - zoom level in chrome is 300%, floating button becomes completely invisible.
Keagan Palardy

Hello, I've been experiencing this same issue with the floating buttons with a 90% Zoom level and less often but has occured with a normal 100% Zoom Level as well. Some lessons are completely fine where other lessons the button has disappeared leaving the learner (or reviewer as it occurs in Review as well) stuck in the course. 

Do you have any recommendations on ways to correct this when this occurs?

Angelo Cruz

Thanks for letting us know about this, Eric. Were you able to confirm if this is caused by a zooming issue?

Would you be willing to share the link to your Rise course with us so that we can try to replicate the issue from our end? You may also open a support case here to share screenshots or recordings of your issue. Our engineers will assist you further regarding your concern.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, folks, if you're able, I'd like to get a little more information about your setup so we can explore the floating buttons behavior. We've opened email cases for a couple of folks in this discussion, but you can reply here if it's easier!

1. Are you seeing this issue when you've exported your content to Review 360?
  2. Are you hosting your content in an LMS and seeing this behavior?
  3. What devices are you using to view the content? (desktop and browsers, mobile device and browsers)

Thanks so much!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Phil. Thanks so much for offering to share a copy of your course that has this issue. We haven't been able to replicate this so far, so we'd love to take a closer look. 

I'll start a case for you, and one of our support engineers will send you instructions for sharing a copy of your course with them. You'll hear from the team soon!