New Rise image backgrounds - best practice

Sep 21, 2023

Hi all

Now that we can add image backgrounds to Rise Blocks, has anyone got any best practice / tops tips on how they are scaled? 

The animation below shows an Image Centred block, with a custom patterned background (below)

What I am aiming for is nice curved page transitions instead of the standard horizontal lines usually created between blocks.

However, as soon as you start rescaling the window of the published course, or switch between devices, you get a scaling effect which chops off the curved shape.

Unfortunately I am going to have to revert to the old trick of putting in full width interactive image (minus the hotspots) to create the page breaks. But this in turn limits what content can go on them as you produce scaling issues on mobile.

I'll put a feature request in to see if the author can lock the position of the background image to top or bottom of the block... 

But in the meantime, what has been your experience so far and does anyone  have any tricks or know of the optimum height / width settings for background images?

thanks!

1 Reply