Please verify the file type is an image and try again.

Jan 07, 2020

Im trying to upload an image into the labelled image and I get this error. 

I have tried different browsers - I'm using Chrome now. Still not working to upload PNG or JPEG. 

I desperately need to get past this ASAP

11 Replies
Ronan O'Malley

I'm experiencing this same issue now. I've tried different browsers and changing the file name. I uploaded an image into the Labelled Graphic interaction yesterday and it worked fine. Today that same image won't upload. I get the message: "Please verify the file type is an image and try again".

I need a resolution to this ASAP please.

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Lizzie! So sorry to hear you're encountering this issue. Thanks for letting us know that there are no spaces in your file name and that you've cleared your browser cache.

Can you try other supported browsers to see if the issue is browser-specific? If it happens in all browsers, please open a case with us here so that one of our technical support engineers can assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

Ronan O'Malley

Hi everyone, the best solution is to optimize your file. Upload it to the following site: SVG Viewer - View, save, and optimize SVGs

Click optimize,

Click Download,

Upload it into your Rise project.

Worked perfectly for me.

Alternatively, save your Illustrator project as a SVG file, convert the font to outlines and embed the images (this worked for a time, but eventually Rise stopped accepting it).