Powerpoint slides/Webinar into Rise or Storyline

Apr 22, 2019

Hi I'm using the Trial version of Articulate.  I've watched several videos, and am trying to figure out if I can use the hundreds of training materials I've already created in Powerpoint and somehow convert them.  I have 1 in particular that's a slide deck and I was going to do a voice over to create an online webinar to put on my website.  I'm not sure how to go about this.  When I import the slide deck in, it doesn't seem to work.  I'm sure this is a newbie issue.  

1 Reply
Tom Kuhlmann

There are a few ways you can approach this:

• Output the PowerPoint content as an .mp4 video. Then you can use it anywhere. I preserves and audio/animations you have in the slide deck.
  • Save the slides as images and then insert them into Rise. I like to use the image carousel, because you can insert each slide image individually like any other picture file.
  • Import the PowerPoint file into Storyline. This gives you more PowerPoint-like editing of the screens.

If you want to put it on your website, I'd start with the first option since you're in PowerPoint and saving it as .MP4 is the easiest way to start. If you want something more interactive and course-like then Rise or Storyline are your better options.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.