Pre-Assessment & Course Completion

Feb 14, 2024

My client is wanting a pre-assessment- pass it exit course/ fail it complete the course with a post assessment, when advised about rise only holding 1 score they asked if the learner fails the pre-assessment and has to complete the course would they be able to see the course being 100% complete since they won't be able to see the post assessment score. Is that possible?

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

I'd seen a few posts asking about whether it would be possible to have a pre-test in Rise. I figured out how to do it, which is discussed here: TIP: Build a Rise Course with a Pretest - Rise 360 Discussions - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com) 

However, there are some major caveats:

• Completion is based on a completion trigger in an SL block. In other words, it's not possible to get a score from the pre-test nor from a post-test (if one is included). It sounds like this wouldn't be an issue for your client.
  • Recently, someone discovered that the SL block with the pretest will restart if the user exits the course right after taking the pretest (i.e., before they continue to the content part), and then returns. It turns out it's standard behavior for SL blocks to restart in those situations. Unfortunately, since the pre-test is in an SL block, it would be possible for a user to keep restarting the course until they passed the pre-test, rather than having to view the rest of the course to be marked complete. Granted, not everyone would think to do that. But this could be too big of a loophole for some to accept.