Printing knowledge checks and/or quizzes in Rise

Mar 24, 2020

I am converting workbooks in to Rise and so far it is looking great. I have a concern though. With the old workbook format, learners could use the completed knowledge checks as resources for their final exam and as a guide during skill application. In Rise, I have embedded some PDF notetakers and reference materials but is there a way that the knowledge checks  can be printed or referenced at a later time by the user? Is embedding Quizmaker (an app I am not very familiar with) an option? 

Any suggestions are welcomed!

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rosa!

Here's how I would create a PDF reference document for learners to use:

1. Preview the Rise 360 course.
  2. Each time you reach a Knowledge Check question, choose the correct answer, and click Submit. 
  3. Take a screenshot of the question with the feedback revealed. 
  4. Open a Word document, and import all the screenshots in order.
  5. Save the Word document as a PDF document.
  6. Upload the PDF document as an attachment block at the end of the Rise 360 course. 

Would that work for what you're looking to do? 

Jennifer Goulet

I'm having this same situation and trying to figure out if Rise is going to be able to meet our needs. I've created a beautiful workbook in Rise, but the learners need to be able to go back and access it digitally and have their answers still there AND we need them to be able to print the workbooks with their answers included, but some of the answers are ones they type in and so the suggestion above won't work since they might type in something slightly different that's still correct.

Also, that's a tremendous amount of work to have to screen shot every page and manually create a PDF for each workbook. We have dozens of workbooks to convert to a digital, interactive format in a very short period of time. There HAS to be a better way! If it doesn't exist, I'm hoping this is a feature Rise will make available VERY soon or management is going to start exploring other products. 

Jose Tansengco

Hello Laura, 

Yes, Storyline 360 has a built-in print trigger that gives your learners the option to print any slide you want. You can read about this feature here: 

You just need to make sure to place that trigger in slides that need to be printed, link it to a button/shape and you're all set!