Publish to web - no index.html in zipped file

Oct 31, 2023

When I go to publish for the web, my zip file contains  index.html, but when my colleague does the same steps they do not get an index.html in their zipped file.

We zoomed in, and I watched her do all the correct steps. - no index.html in the zipped file.

She tried to email me a copy but it did not work. Articulate told her my email was invalid. We tried two different emails.

Now another colleague had the same issue. This time I impersonated them and I was able to produce index.html. They still can't. 

What the heck is going on? I am so confused.

6 Replies
Julie Whitehead

Good thinking. We are using an LMS. When I download their zipped files off the LMS and unzip everything is there.

To fix the issue, I uploaded only the index and goodbye HTML files into the correct folder on the LMS. It worked.

But it still doesn't make sense to me.

I can upload a zipped file to the LMS and unzip it with no problems. All the files are there.

Gren Foronda

Hi Julie!

The most common culprit of missing files in the published output is publishing directly to a shared drive, network drive, or a USB drive. We recommend publishing to the local drive to avoid any of these issues.

In addition, the users can check if their folder settings have hidden files or folders. They can ensure that hidden items can be viewed in the folders.

Let me know if you have further questions or clarifications!