Question About Creating Fill-in-the-Blank Quiz in Rise 360

Oct 05, 2023

Hello, I'm working on creating a fill-in-the-blank quiz in Rise 360. In this quiz, I want to allow for multiple sets of characters (codes) as the correct answer, and I don't want the order of these codes that the learner enters to affect whether the learner's response is counted as correct. Here's an example:

Question: Based on the information provided in case scenario #1, what Abbreviated Injury Scale (AIS) codes should be coded?

Instructions: Enter the answer in the following format: ABC123, EFG456, HIJ7789.

Correct Answers: The learner's response should be considered correct if they enter any of the following sets of codes (regardless of the order- as long as they are all present): 544214.3, 442200.3, 450210.2, 210402.1, 710202.1, 110402.1

Note: I do not want to use multiple choice or select all that apply due to the potential of learners reverse looking up the available selections.

Thanks!

1 Reply
Christopher Santos

Hi Tami,

When you say learners can enter the set of codes you specified regardless of the order, do you mean as long as the correct numbers? are present, they should be considered correct?  So for the set a, b, c, d, e, and f, they can enter (b, d, e, a, f, c) or (f, e, d, c, b, a), etc.  Is that right?

That might be possible with a fill-in-the-blank quiz, but you will have to enter each possible permutation for the sets that can be entered regardless of order.

I understand all the different combinations may be daunting to enter in the Acceptable response.  We can wait for others in the community to make their suggestions on how you can come up with this quiz.